Our theme for the September Equinox issue is
We are eager to read your insightfully unexpected interpretations of this theme.
Please familiarize yourself with Claw & Blossom’s About page to get an idea of the type of work we seek. (For instance: your work MUST contain elements of the natural world.)
For POEMS, send one poem per submission. We are partial to free verse and not so keen to publish the more traditional forms (such as haiku, haibun, sestina, cento, rhymed couplets, etc.).
For PROSE, send up to 1,000 words. This can be one piece or linked micros.
We do not consider previously-published work. This includes work posted on personal blogs and social media accounts.
We encourage simultaneous submissions. Should your work be accepted elsewhere while under consideration with Claw & Blossom, please withdraw the piece from us as soon as possible by using the Withdraw option in Submittable.
We do not consider multiple submissions. We ask that you wait for a response before submitting a new piece.
There is no submission fee.
We pay $25 USD per acceptance upon publication via PayPal. (Linked micros are considered one acceptance.)
- Spring Issue – our reading period is from early Jan. to early Mar.
- Summer Issue – our reading period is from early Apr. to early June.
- Autumn Issue – our reading period is from early July to early Sept.
- Winter Issue – our reading period is from early Oct. to early Dec.
By submitting your work to Claw & Blossom for consideration, it is understood that you understand and accept the following terms:
- That you have actually read our About page, as well as perused some earlier Issues, so that you are not sending us work that (though undoubtedly lovely, or exciting and filled with All the Things) is nonetheless wholly incompatible with our aesthetic (thus making our hair fall out in clumps).
- That the work you send Claw & Blossom is of your own making and has not been plagiarized in whole or in part.
- That Claw & Blossom are purchasing the rights to publish your work on our website and to archive that work in our Issues archive.
If your work published with Claw & Blossom is later reprinted elsewhere, we would appreciate acknowledgement of first publication.
We accept submissions through Submittable: